Slow roast port belly and salsiccia, with fennel, beetroot and orange salad.
- 3kg pork belly
- Olive oil
- 10 pork, fennel and chili sausages
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved thinly
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 large beetroot, peeled and julienned
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 20ml white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Using a sharp knife, score the pork belly skin and fat in a criss-cross pattern, without cutting into the meat.
- Season with salt and olive oil, rub into the skin.
- Place the belly rind down in a non-stick roasting pan.
- Place in the hot part of a preheated oven and cook for one hour at 250°C, until the skin has crisped and bubbled up.
- Turn pork belly over, add water to moisten and reduce heat to 150°C.
- Cook for a further 1.5 hours until tender.
- Rest for 30 minutes.
- Combine the salad ingredients.
- Cook the sausages on a BBQ.
- Remove the crackling from the top of the belly, break up into pieces and set aside.
- Portion the belly and serve together with the salad, sausage and crackling.
The Cenosilicaphobic Cat Sagrantino Cinsault.